I’m learning that when you have an idea the best thing to do it take action as soon as possible. And the best action is MASSIVE action…am I right? Well I’m about to lay down a massive content syndication strategy that will blow your mind.
Let me back up a sec and tell you what I just discovered…
Remember the 9/11 tribute post I did with a few blogging friends a couple weeks ago? Yeah it was pretty epic.
I had a ton of fun with that tribute collaboration post, and I was able to further the relationship with my fellow bloggers while gaining some serous link juice and Google love. So naturally…I want more and I’m inviting you to join me on this epic journey…quest sort of thing.
First Let me share with you what content syndication is and how you can build your own strategy that works for you. It doesn’t matter what industry or niche you are in, once you understand these concepts you can build an online empire around any idea that your passionate about.
Content Syndication Strategy in Three Phases
1. Self Syndication – Self Syndication is the act of sharing your own content across your social sites. Easy enough right? Well there are a few things you should consider when laying out your plan of action. What type of content you are going to be creating and who are you creating it for. Once you have figured out your passion and you understand what people are looking for, you can literately feed them your content and they will actually thank you for it.
Heck…they may even opt into your list and actually buy something! That wouldn’t be to bad now would it? So post your brand new piece of value on Facebook, Twitter and especially to your list. This is the way to continue to provide value and serve your communities.
2. Group Syndication – Arguably my favorite as this is actually where I got my start. See I understood the value of reciprocation very early. If I were to go to other peoples blogs and “buzz their content” could they come to mine and do the same. Well as you can see this social media tribal syndication concept has caught on big time. Over the last 3 years everyone seems to be speaking tribe.
The easiest way to build your tribe is to find other bloggers who are sharing similar content that you would share. By finding people in your niche you will be able to comment, syndicate like type content and Google loves this! For more information on this killer content syndication strategy take a look at a post I did about the 6 reasons to create a blogging alliance.
3. Auto Syndication – This is where the rubber meets the road. I thought the blogging alliance thing was good, but take a look at what can happen when you have upped the game 10 levels. When you start adding cool toys like Onlywire and Tribe Pro to you content syndication strategy it’s like GAME ON! But there’s a caution…a waring flag if you will. This strategy should be established after you have mastered the first two. Reason is you want and need a decent following on your social sites and preferably on your list.
Also make sure you have people leaving comments and who are manually buzzing your content so you are showing some credibility in Google’s eyes. If you are gaining to many social bookmarking shares before you are ready then big daddy Google may sandbox your site and that’s not a good thing. This means the only love you’ll get to your blog is from the first two syndication methods…OUCH!!
21 Days to Create Your Ultimate Content Syndication Strategy
Here’s the dealio!
I’ll be publishing one post a day about a different content syndication tip for the next 21 days. So for those who are into blogging or video or content creation of any kind you will want to grab as many tips as you can over the next thee weeks.
What I’m offering and why. I’m wrapping up a new product, launching real soon, and I’m giving away tips all around content syndication while the cart is open. Then I’ll be closing down the cart and letting the “beta members” play around in my 4 week course. Their goal is to poke holes, test the modules, leave comments, find like minded bloggers and just beat the crap out of it. They are also going to get the change to be the leaders (go to people) and super affiliates when I re-launch the product at almost 6 times the cost.
I’m looking to create a huge buzz factor around content syndication. (I might get tired typing that word for the next 21 days)
So what’s in it for you. Well I’m glad you asked. See I’ve been testing out Tribe Pro for the last week or so and it’s been working really well, I’m getting almost 1000 social book marking shares per post I submit. Over the next few weeks that will most likely increase. Since Google is moving towards a more social traffic methodology this is a really good thing.
If you remember that 9/11 tribute post and the follow up video, you can get a sense of what I’m up to. I’m going to be giving you a heads up on all the topics and give you opportunity to obtain 2 links per post back to you…IF you have a post that has similar content to the topics listed below.
Let me say that again… if you already have or want to create a blog post on the same topic that I’ll be creating, I am offing to add your post as a link from my post. Again check out my 9/11 tribute post as a reference and you’ll see what I mean. Pretty cool huh? I want to test my little theory I stumbled across on a larger scale…say over the next 21 days…I think you get the point.
1. leave a comment on my blog post. For the first five comments on that days post, I will visit that persons last blog post, leave a comment and syndicate every way possible that is listed on your blog. I will only comment and syndicate your post once, so if you leave a comment two days in a row on two different blog posts of mine, and your last post has not changed in those two days your comment will not count as one of the five for that day. I will move to the next comment and check their blog.
2. Join the blog collaboration. Send me a link to a post that matches with any of the topics listed below. If you don’t have a post on that topic then create one and send it to me. If you’re in the Facebook Empowered Tribe group leave it there or email it to email@example.com. PUT IN THE SUBJECT LINE “TRIBE POST.” The first 5 posts will be part of that days collaboration post. If I use your post…not only will I syndicate that post with every syndication button you have, but I will also add it to my tribe pro account for additional exposure for this content syndication strategy. Again the benefits of that alone are almost 1000+ social bookmarks shares!
3. Back link back to my post. If you are going to create a post for this massive syndication campaign and it falls in line with any of the topics listed below, then back link back to that days post. If you create a link back to my post AND IT’S OF THE SAME TOPIC as my post I will give you a DOUBLE DOSE of tribe pro syndication…to a post of your choosing! Follow my tribe “The Network Dad’s – Empowered Tribe” to watch all the action.
DOUBLE DOSE OF CONTENT SYNDICATION!
As you can see this will be an amazing content syndication strategy will become my latest masterpiece and I want to bring as many people with me as humanly possible!
So why would you want to engage with this lunacy? And I’m positive some of you are thinking just that…lunacy. Well, I was told the tribe syndication model (almost 2 1/2 years ago) was lunacy. People would not want to share other peoples content before their own. And they wouldn’t want to share posts about someone else’s affiliate products or network companies either.
A simple idea of paying it forward and showing bloggers how they could get their brand new blogs from ghost town to active Friday night downtown, morphed into a concept that levels the playing field and is a MUST for all bloggers.
Additional benefits. If you join The Network Dad’s – Empowered Tribe in Tribe pro you will receive constant syndication from me to all your posts. Sign up for my newsletter there and receive trainings on how you can best set up your tribe pro account and how you can leverage it to the max.
List of topics and future posts for collaboration.
Twitter (collaboration, tips, strategies, best practices, top peeps to follow)
Facebook (collaboration open, tips, strategies, best practices, top peeps to follow)
Youtube (collaboration open, SEO, tips, strategies, best practices)
Linked In (collaboration open, groups to join, tips, strategies, best practices)
Friend Feed (collaboration open, tips, strategies, best practices)
reserved for me Onlywire
reserved for me Ping FM
reserved for me Tribe Pro
Social connect and syndication/ share buttons (collaboration open, top plugins, widgets, social proof, tips, strategies, best practices)
Images on blog posts and SEO benefits (collaboration open, SEO, tips, strategies, best practices)
Facebook groups. (If you provide a group for bloggers or blogging support of any kind write a review of it with link)
Facebook fan pages (collaboration open, tips, strategies, best practices include link)
On page SEO (collaboration open, tips, strategies, best practices)
Off page SEO, Back linking (collaboration open, tips, strategies, best practices)
Building and supporting a tribe (collaboration open, tips, strategies, best practices, who is in your tribe and why, post tribe page if you have one)
Tribber (collaboration open, tips, strategies, best practices)
Synnd (collaboration open, tips, strategies, best practices)
Testimonials How to get them and why to have them (collaboration open, include your own testimonial for collaboration and tribe support)
There it is! Will this flop or will these posts dominate the top pages of Google for their respective keywords and the keywords around content syndication strategy? Am I crazy for even sharing just one of the 8 keywords I’ll be going after? Before you answer that you may want to look at my last post on “How My Blog Limped to a Page Rank 3, With Only 30 Posts“
“Do Today What Others Won’t
and Have Tomorrow What Others Can’t”
You can come back in three weeks and see what kind of mess I made on my blog or you can join my newsletter and keep up to date with all the shenanigans!
The Network Dad
P.S. Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts are around this content syndication strategy and if you want to participate.
P.S.S. Tomorrow we hit the ground running with how and why you need a Gravatar.